Have You Added Medical Payments Coverage to Your Car Insurance Plan?

As experienced attorneys, we work with a lot of clients after they are involved in car accidents. Many of them come to us with questions regarding their automobile insurance coverage. Many clients do not have as much coverage as they thought. They may have been led to believe they have “full coverage” but what does that really mean?

A full coverage car insurance plan includes minimum liability coverage for bodily injury up to $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident as prescribed by Ohio law. That liability coverage protects the car owner and family members who live with the owner when their negligence causes injuries and property damage to others. Others may be covered depending on the policy language.

You may be wondering, what about my needs and my injuries after an accident?

Your Basic Car Insurance Policy May Not Be Enough

Based on our experience and working with those obtained bodily injuries in an accident, we suggest everyone look into the following additional insurance coverage when selecting a car insurance package.

Medical Payments coverage

This type of insurance coverage can be the most helpful when injured in an accident. It is not the same as health insurance, but works with your health insurance to cover medical payments made out of pocket such as deductibles and any testing or treatment that isn’t covered under your medical insurance or network.

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist coverage

Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage comes into play when you or a loved one are injured as the result of a negligent driver who is either not insured or has limited insurance coverage. UM-UIM coverage is available in various limits, but is certainly an important coverage when protecting yourself and your loves ones.

Umbrella coverage

An umbrella policy works to extend your underlying coverage by additional limits. Your insurance agent will be able to direct you to the right policy to extend both your liability and UM-UIM coverages with this type of policy.
At the Richards Firm we do not represent any insurance companies nor do we sell insurance. We do, however, have an extensive amount of experience working with insurance companies on injury claims and representing on our clients behalf. We prefer that our clients are indeed fully covered.

As an attorney in Hamilton, Ohio Rhys Richards understands what insurance providers typically do and don’t cover and would be happy to work with you to ensure that you are represented well in the case of an accident. He is willing to review your coverages and advise you before an accident even occurs.

We can be reached at 513-868-2731, ext. 219 or visit us at http://richardsinjuryfirm.com.

Follow The Richards Firm:

Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TheRichardsFirm/)
Twitter (https://twitter.com/FirmRichards)
Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/therichardsfirm/)
Tik Tok (https://www.tiktok.com/@therichardsfirm?lang=en)
LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-richards-firm).